Re: European Group

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: European Group
Date: 2007-03-04 09:48:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> Magnus Hagander skrev:
>>> Following the chat we had on IRC a few days ago, I am writing
>>> informally to inquire about the constitution of an European Group of
>>> PostgreSQL users, a network of national PostgreSQL User Groups spread
>>> all over Europe.
>>
>> Sounds like a very good idea - but what about those who don't have a
>> local user group at all? ;-)
>
> Who said a user group has to be larger than one person? And in our case
> we are at least two that want to be in the swedish user group! :)

Certainly. But you can then rephrase it - consideration should be taken
for those countries that have very small user groups ;-) Such a european
group could be very useful for these people - inside or outside a 2-3
person usergroup ;-)

> I'd love to get my hands on some promotional material like these cool
> mugs I saw that just has the elephant and the word "PostgreSQL" on it
> (they work for every country). Language neutral postgresql stickers
> would be nice.

yeah, me too. I can send you some japanese stickers if you want, I got
huge amounts from Hiroshi :-)

//Magnus