Re: About PostgreSQL certification

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
Cc: iannsp(at)gmail(dot)com, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: About PostgreSQL certification
Date: 2007-02-02 02:01:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Ivo,
>
> Iannsp wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I did like to know what you think about the postgresql certifications
>> provided for
>>
>> PostgreSQL CE
>> http://www.sraoss.co.jp/postgresql-ce/news_en.html
>>
>> CertFirst
>> http://www.certfirst.com/postgreSql.htm
>>
>> My question is about the validate of this certification for the clients.
>> Make difference to be certified?
> IMHO, the SRA certification has been around for awhile, and I believe
> it has some credibility in Japan...While I'm not sure what its
> credibility is like here in the US - the fact that it has credibility
> in Japan is a big plus .
>
> The CertFirst certification (examsonline.com), seems to be
> administered online (as opposed to SRA's which is at a PearsonVUE test
> center) - which basically means that it's open book, open note, call
> your friend, copy the questions, etc. It also seems that CertFirst
> runs the certification themselves under what appears to be a shell
> company called "examsonline". It looks to be more of a marketing ploy
> than anything else....
Correction...I just checked and it looks like they've updated their web
site and no longer refer to the examsonline online exam...so I'm not
sure where/what their exam entails now. Their site used to refer to an
exam through examsonline.com ... You'll have to contact them for details...

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group