Re: Enable/disable trigger path

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enable/disable trigger path
Date: 2007-01-19 16:19:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OK, nearly there... :-)

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> [...]
>> Bullet pointed tips, purely because that's how they escaped from my
>> brain :-)
>>
>> - This should be on the Tools menu, not the View menu.
>>

> I don't understand what you mean by this. I put them on the Tools
> contextual menu but I don't see a View contextual menu. Can you give me
> more details ?

You had:

+ new enabledisableTriggerFactory(menuFactories, viewMenu, 0);
+ new enabledisableAllTriggersFactory(menuFactories, viewMenu, 0);

but that should be

+ new enabledisableTriggerFactory(menuFactories, toolsMenu, 0);
+ new enabledisableAllTriggersFactory(menuFactories, toolsMenu, 0);

Enabling/disabling triggers is something you do, not something you look at.

Anyhoo, I've applied a modifed version of the patch:

- Added a heap of refatoring to move actionFactories to live with the
objects they ac on, rather than the object's properties dialog.

- Changed enable/disable all to two factories. This is because we cannot
easily track the state of all triggers, and we definitely cannot
represent all enabled/some enabled/none enabled with a check menu item.
We now have enable all and disable all options, with no attempt to track
status.

- Recursively reset the enabled flag of the trigger objects under a
table after enabling/disabling them all.

Thanks, Dave