Re: Enable/disable trigger path

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enable/disable trigger path
Date: 2007-01-19 07:23:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> [...]
> Bullet pointed tips, purely because that's how they escaped from my
> brain :-)
>
> - This should be on the Tools menu, not the View menu.

I don't understand what you mean by this. I put them on the Tools
contextual menu but I don't see a View contextual menu. Can you give me
more details ?

> - Use a single factory, and a check/uncheck menu option. See the changes
> I made to the pg_stattuple stuff as an example of a check option.

Done.

> - The menu option should probably become something like 'Trigger enabled?'

Done too.

> - pgTrigger::Enable/DisableTrigger should manage the state of the
> enabled flag themselves - you should not have to change that from the
> factory.

OK. I discarded pgTrigger::Enable/DisableTrigger to use
pgTrigger::iSetEnabled. Everything takes place in this method.

> - If Enable/Disable trigger don't work for some reason, StartDialog
> should exit without doing anything else as a general rule.

OK.

> Otherwise it looks OK though - certainly looks like you've got the hang
> of the factories :-)

Hehe... :)

I added some code to make use of the "ENABLE/DISABLE TRIGGER ALL" on a
table.

You'll find my new patch attached.

Regards.

--