GetData to Procedure return failed

From: Titus Barik <titus(at)barik(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GetData to Procedure return failed
Date: 2007-01-11 19:54:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

All,

When attempting to call a stored procedure from a SQL Data Block
(SQD/SQT) within the proprietary GE iFIX HMI 4.0 application, I obtain
the following error:

Error executing SQL cmd: GetData to Procedure return failed.

Since the application is proprietary, obtaining debugging information
about this error was difficult. Still, by enabling the CommLog under
advanced OBBC options for the PostgreSQL ANSI ODBC 8.02.02.00 driver, I
was able to obtain more detailed, through cryptic, log information from
the CommLog file, which I have attached.

The stored procedure in question has nothing of particular of interest:
it takes in a VARCHAR, an INTEGER, and returns a VARCHAR.

I am using PostgreSQL 8.2.1 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC. At this
time, I have been unable to find a resolution for this issue. I am not
certain, but I do not believe that this issue occurred under PostgreSQL 7.x.

Can anyone provide any assistance in decrypting these log messages? Is
this a bug in the ODBC driver?

Regards,

Titus Barik
titus(at)barik(dot)net