Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: charpent(at)bacbuc(dot)fdn(dot)fr, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Date: 2001-01-07 18:18:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I'll be doing it soon; but I don't want to release debs until there is
> no more chance of an initdb's being needed between betas; that bit me on
> 7.0.

In that case you may as well say that there will be no beta debs, and
Debian users can forget about being part of the beta test process.

We do not make a guarantee of "no more initdbs" until final release.
The severity of bug needed to make us do one goes up considerably with
each beta, but there will not be a guarantee on *any* beta. If there
were such a guarantee, it'd be final not beta.