Re: BUG #2854: can't log out database system

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Jessica <hxq7681(at)rit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2854: can't log out database system
Date: 2006-12-21 20:39:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jessica wrote:

> Bug reference: 2854
> Logged by: Jessica
> Email address: hxq7681(at)rit(dot)edu
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2
> Operating system: Solaris
> Details:
>
> I log into database system, but I don't know how to log out and back to my
> account prompt.
>
> I use psql -test, nothing occurs and I can't be back to my account prompt
> again.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/app-psql.html has information
on how to use the psql commandline client. but i guess your database is
not actually called "-test" ?

> What does it mean such a message as below:
> FATAL: syntax error in file
> "/home/group/s772/p772-01f/pgsql/CLUST/data/postgresql.conf" line 101, near
> token "MB"

that looks like a typo in the configuration file - what is on line 101
in that file ?

> Where can I find a really instruction to how to use postgresql for people
> who are not experts?

the server-administration section in the manual has some information on
that:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/admin.html

Stefan