Re: trying to connect to pg from within a local network

From: "Mike C(dot)" <mcbp223(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trying to connect to pg from within a local network
Date: 2008-01-18 22:58:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On my Solaris box, which btw is really picky about security, here is how my config looks like, note that I have two ethernet interfaces on it, dn-2xe32-iprb0 and dn-2xe32-e1000g0.
Also my local network is on 192.168.1.0.

postgresql.conf
----------------------
# - Connection Settings -
listen_addresses = 'localhost, dn-2xe32-e1000g0'
# what IP address(es) to listen on;
# comma-separated list of addresses;
# defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
# (change requires restart)
port = 5432 # (change requires restart)

-----------------
pg_hba.conf
-----------------
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
host all postgres 192.168.1.0/24 md5
host all pguser2 192.168.1.0/24 md5

-----------------
Also I have seen in your first email an entry listen_address instead of listen_addresses, can you double check if there is no spelling error somewhere, you never know.

Did you try listen_addresses='*' and see if that would listen more than localhost?

Mike

Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
There is nothing I can see in pg_hba.conf or postgres.conf that
relates to TCP/IP connnections and I think it is a pg thing, because
when I run tomcat on port 8080 on this box, I can telnet to it without
any problems
~