Re: wxWidgets default version

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wxWidgets default version
Date: 2006-11-20 13:13:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> The wxWidgets default version used by pgAdmin is now 2.8. If you're
>> building pgAdmin >1.6.0 on Mac or *nix, you'll need to upgrade to
>> wxWidgets 2.8.0-rc1, or add the --with-wx-version=2.7 configure option
>> to your build process.
>
> So for the stable 1.6 branch, wx 2.7 is the correct version to use, and
> for head it's 2.8? Or is 2.8 the version of choice even for the 1.6 branch?

I've made it the default on both branches, however on Mac there are
actually still a couple of bugs in rc1 - one which Kevin Ollivier
tracked down from my test case and fixed in wx CVS, and one which I'm
trying to get a test case together for at the moment that seems to crash
for no obvious reason when clicking some buttons.

Consequently, I'd recommend using 2.7.0-1 on Mac until that is sorted.

Regards, Dave.