Re: 1.6 problem

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 1.6 problem
Date: 2006-11-17 19:39:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
> Hi,
> just tried to build 1.6.0 on OS X (10.4.8). I end up with:
> configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin in
> the selected configuration. This may be because it was configured
> without the --enable-unicode option, or the combination of
> dynamic/static linking and debug/non-debug libraries selected did not
> match any installed wxWidgets libraries.
>
> I am using currently 2.8.0-rc1, could this have something to do with the
> error? 2.8.0 is configured with --enable-unicode, otherwise the message
> is not too easy to translate into actions:-(

Your wxWidgets build must match pgAdmin's configure options in a few
different ways:

1) It must be a Unicode build
2) Both packages must either enable or disable debug
3) Both packages must be build with shared or static libraries
4) pgAdmin must be configured with the correct wxWidgets version.

I suspect in your case the problem is that pgAdmin 1.6 defaults to
wxWidgets 2.7. You probably need to add --with-wx-version=2.8 to the
pgAdmin configure command.

It's worth noting that you can build and install all for combinations of
debug/non-debug/static/shared builds of wxWidgets in parallel so you can
then build any combination of pgAdmin that you like.

Regards, Dave.