Re: Results from testing RC2, rev: 5607:5627M

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Results from testing RC2, rev: 5607:5627M
Date: 2006-11-14 20:38:04
Lists: pgadmin-support

Bah, clearly I'm a sucker for punishment...

Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> So you didn't skip? Curiosity killed the cat! ;)
> The remaining cornercase here:
> As long as I stay within the edited row, the previously described issue
> will kick in.
> When undo is active while nothing has been changed, the save dialogue
> will pop up, and if I say yes, then rest of the operation will be
> cancelled silently. No saving (of course - nothing changed), but no
> pasting either.
>
> But now I can get rid of this by clicking outside the row, so the scale
> of the issue has been diminished.

Figured out a way to check for modification more sensibly, so we can now
disable the buttons on column change.

> That takes care of it, mostly.
> Unlike with text fields the new quoting in numeric fields does not
> escape quotes in the pasted data.
> If there is no specific reason for the deviation, you might consider
> adapting the behaviour for text fields to prevent weird effects.

Will be escaped properly now.

> Told ya to skip the rest. :p

Yeah, well. .exe en-route. If you can confirm things look good before
tomorrow early-AM-GMT that would be very helpful :-)

Cheers, Dave.