Re: XML output ?

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Khan, Mahmood Ahram" <Mahmood(dot)Khan(at)in(dot)unisys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: XML output ?
Date: 2007-09-01 23:48:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Is it possible to generate the output of SQL statements in PostgreSQL to XML
> output?
>
> If anybody has came across with this or worked on it? Or anybody has any
> Documentation for that?

Yes, you can either install the xml2 contrib module for current
versions, or if you can hold out until 8.3, there will be functions
for xml output built into postgres.

Check out http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/functions-xml.html
and http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/datatype-xml.html
for the upcoming 8.3 stuff. I couldn't find anything on xml2 quickly,
but I'm sure a few minutes of searching will help you find what you
need.

Peter