Re: BUG #2642: Connection problems without IPv6

From: Christoph Zwerschke <cito(at)online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2642: Connection problems without IPv6
Date: 2006-09-21 22:38:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> Perhaps you have a name server that is reporting only an IPv6
> address for your machine? Turning off the LAN prevents contacting
> that server?

No, and I'm using only localhost as address, i.e. I am contacting
localhost, and I have listen_addresses = localhost in postgresql.conf.
My name server does not resolve internal names (I'm using LMHOSTS). All
other programs do work with that configuration (i.e. IPv6 uninstalled).

However, I just noticed that when I stop the DNS client (caching)
service, then the problem disappears as well. Strange.

-- Christoph