Re: [HACKERS] COPY view

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor(at)dunaweb(dot)hu>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, List pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] COPY view
Date: 2006-08-23 15:49:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Hi,

Bruce Momjian írta:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> He actually said "now", but I don't think we need it immediately,
>>> especially if he is still working on it. We are at least 1-2 weeks away
>>> from having all open patches applied.
>>>
>> Yes, I'm saying today so that we can all look at it and point obvious
>> mistakes now, not in 2 weeks from now. Release early, release often.
>> If the patch contains a mistake and we find out in 2 weeks, are we going
>> to fix it? No, we are going to reject it.
>>

> OK, I understand. B?sz?rm?nyi, post now so we can see where you are,
> but keep working and send it to us again when you are done. No sense in
> not posting your working version.

OK, here's my current version. The reference leak is fixed.
But as my testcase shows, it only works for single selects
currently. The parser accepts it but COPY doesn't produce
the expected output. Please, suggest a solution.

BTW, my first name is Zoltán.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-copyselect.patch.gz application/x-tar 9.8 KB