Re: Going for "all green" buildfarm results

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Going for "all green" buildfarm results
Date: 2006-07-31 20:28:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:

>>> it is my understanding that Tom is already tackling the underlying issue
>>> on a much more general base ...
>>>

>> Done in HEAD, but we might still wish to think about changing the
>> regression tests in the back branches, else we'll probably continue to
>> see this failure once in a while ...
>>

> How sure are we that this is the cause of the problem? The feeling I got
> was "this is a good guess". If so, do we want to prevent ourselves
> getting any further clues in case we're wrong? It's also an interesting
> case of a (low likelihood) bug which is not fixable on any stable branch.

well I have a lot of trust into tom - though the main issue is that this
issue seems to be difficult hard to trigger.
afaik only one box (lionfish) ever managed to hit it and even there only
2 times out of several hundred builds - I don't suppose we can come up
with a testcase that might be more reliably showing that issue ?

Stefan