Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded
Date: 2006-07-20 10:02:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Not as is but I tried to relay them to the list. Not all of them I admit.

> Well, of the outstanding ones:
>
> #350722: pgadmin3: mouse wheel not working in data view window
>
> - That'll be either wxWidgets or GTK rather than us as our code doesn't implement that level of the UI. Can this problem be reproduced in the wxWidgets grid sample?

Ok, I'll investigate further in this direction.

> #303770: pgadmin3: characters cut off in view data
>
> - Width-wise I'm not overly surprised - we made a decision long ago to keep the columns a default width as standard and not have them varying in size. The user can adjust the width as necessary. I cannot reproduce the problem with the height. Is the use using non-standard fonts?

Ok, I'll ask.

> #364787: pgadmin3: pressing delete key on selected rows doesn't delete rows
>
> - Yes and no it seems. On Windows it does, however on GTK the event is captured by the selected cell rather than the control. I've not yet found a way round that.

Maybe we should not declare this as solved in the changelog... Or just
precise that it's solved on Win32 and a known issue on other platforms.

> #333175: please include the upstream changelog
>
> - That would be one for you!

It may not. I'm quite sure we discussed about this a long ago. The
problem is that we don't have a real ascii changelog. Peter also
suggested that we generate a NEWS ascii file when he forwarded it to the
list.

> #364784: pgadmin3: selecting datatype in when creating new columns is very uncomfortable
>
> - The list is semi-alphabetical. It is ordered in blocks such that it shows domains, then pure types, and then array types. I am aware that it isn't easy to use though, however this is something I have to work on for 1.6.

Ok, that's what you mentioned earlier in the bug report.

Thanks for your help Dave.

I've finished to package pgAdmin III 1.4.3 last night and asked for an
upload to Debian. I'll tell you when it's ok and may push the up to date
packages in our own repository in the next days.

Regards,
Raph