Re: slony / press??

From: Jussi Mikkola <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: slony / press??
Date: 2006-06-16 21:53:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Chris,

I was thinking,that we could translate something, and then send the
material to the local press contacts. Similarly, as is done with new
PostgreSQL releases. (Though there is usually a lot of discussion,
versions and time before having that something ready ;-)

One reason for this is, that PostgreSQL does not launch new releases
that often. So people forget us. So I think that the PostgreSQL
community would also benefit by supporting other PostgreSQL related
projects. And I don't see any reason, why all the different projects
would need to have an advocacy group of their own.

Of course, maybe some people don't like Slony or some other project, and
don't like to support it. But I guess we should be able to live with it.
They will just ignore that project, and that's it.

And well, I think this is just a matter of people and projects helping
each other. I'm sure, that if you would need features in PostgreSQL that
would make replication faster, easier or whaterever, you would surely
get help from the hackers. So, why should the advocacy be any different?

Rgs,

Jussi