Re: Building psql.exe using the free Borland compiler

From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-interfaces(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building psql.exe using the free Borland compiler
Date: 2006-06-10 11:18:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Bruce (et al.), sorry- I've only just spotted the activity. I've only got the
one version of the compiler, and since apart from Delphi I have very little
Windows development stuff set up (in particular I am not a C/C++ programmer, and
I'm trying to avoid Cygwin since it can mess up Lazarus) I've got limited scope
for tinkering.

I'll try and test the revised version as soon as I am able and will obviously
report back if there are problems- together with any fixes if I'm able to work
out what's going wrong.

I'd add here that I am indebted to a couple of more experienced C men on CIX for
a hint that enabled me to hack the _pclose problem, although there may be issues
relating to other versions of the compiler- that's one reason why I modified the
source rather than trying to fix things in the makefile.

Keep up the good work and hopefully I've been able to make some tiny
contribution :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk