Re: National Number to text conversion

From: brian ally <brian(at)zijn-digital(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: National Number to text conversion
Date: 2006-05-29 15:22:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Bob Pawley wrote:
> Make a table that you can reference. Fill it with Arabic, English or any language that you wish.
>
> Make it available to the list so those who wish can particpate and receive a copy of the finished product.
>
> Bob

I was thinking the same. But Bob's reply has me wondering if there are
any online resources for this sort of thing. Specifically, i have a
look-up table, with most (possibly all - i don't know) countries'
2-letter ISO codes and english names. Just this weekend, i've learned
that i'll require the names in french, as well. I'd thought about
feeding the names to Babelfish, but, if such a list exists somewhere
that'd be a real time saver.

I have a list of Canadian provinces, in both official languages, to swap
(w00t!).

brian