Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some

From: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing(at)tweakers(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some
Date: 2006-05-17 11:07:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

You usertime is way too high for T2000...

If you have a 6 core machine with 24 threads, it says all 24 threads are
reported as being busy with iostat output.

Best way to debug this is use

prstat -amL
(or if you are dumping it in a file prstat -amLc > prstat.txt)

and find the pids with high user cpu time and then use the usrcall.d on
few of those pids.

Also how many database connections do you have and what's the type of
query run by each connection?

-Jignesh