• Large scale PostgreSQL database cluster
• Great company, highly successful
• Exciting Internet software, expanding systems
We're looking for a Systems/Database Admin. The right person for the
job loves optimizing big data and relational open source databases.
This company is a leading global information services company that
helps clients maximize their marketing investments and, through its
expertise, target the right strategy and tactics to achieve their
objectives. Insight into client's businesses enables them to find new
customers, keep their best customers, forecast new markets and
locations, and measure marketing effectiveness. Experian Hitwise is
our global online
audience measurement and competitive intelligence product line
providing insights on how over 25 million internet users interact with
millions of websites daily. We work with some of the largest
commercial datasets measuring petabytes of online behavior on a
monthly basis, all collected via a global distributed processing
platform of hundreds of servers and measurement points. Our products
provide online marketers the tools to maximize campaign performance
and better tactical and strategic decision making.
The core product of this company is an information service analysing
huge quantities of data. Gathering, processing and storing data is a
core activity of the company. Handling enormous volumes of data
efficiently is one of the companies key challenges.
Ideally we are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator who is keen
on database administration. PostgreSQL experience preferred however we
would consider a MySQL expert.
A new role has been created for a Systems/Database Administrator to
join the team, reporting to the Team Leader - Database & Storage.
The database is at the heart of this company and are mission critical
- they store enormous quantities of Internet usage data. There are
over 25 production and development database hosts in use, distributed
around the world on more than 80TB of DAS, SAN and iSCSI storage, with
more expected to come on line.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
• Ensuring the uptime of the production databases
• Working closely with a team of 50 developers, testers and
• Ensuring optimum database performance
• Building new database servers and systems
• Tuning databases and systems
• Implementing database replication
• Executing database backups
• Managing database security
• Managing database users and access control
• Advising developers on database related issues
• Strong SQL
• Scripting – any of shell, Python, plpgsql (DB procedural
• Linux or Unix knowledge
• Monitoring of operational systems
We're looking for someone who:
• Loves their work and is passionate about technology and databases
• Is highly responsive and customer focused with a "mission-
critical" uptime attitude
• Is a tenacious problem solver
• Gets along well with the other people on the team
• Has initiative, is responsible and reliable
• Clear communication skills
If you are passionate about database technology and want to work at an
exciting, technology focused company in a team of highly technical
people, then this may be the role for you.
This is a salaried role.
People currently living in Australia preferred for this role but you
are welcome to apply if you are outside Australia - we'll have a look.
To apply, send your resume to info(at)flatraterecruitment(dot)com(dot)au
IMPORTANT: include "Postgres DBA" in the subject line
In response to
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Sarah_Farmer||Date: 2010-02-10 22:04:42|
|Subject: Job Posting Inquiry|
|Previous:||From: Jim Nasby||Date: 2010-02-09 23:19:56|
|Subject: Re: Enova Financial is now hiring developers and DBAs|