Re: Bricolage: Impressive

From: "Steve Simms" <steve(at)deefs(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bricolage: Impressive
Date: 2004-01-17 23:45:42
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier said:
> do we have anyone that is against using this? Steve seems to indicate
> that this could be used for not just techdocs, but for the other sites as
> well ... do we want to look at this too, since Oleg seems to indicate the
> whole internationalization stuff shouldn't be an issue using it?

For my part, I'm not sure how well internationalization will work. I tried
searching through the Bricolage mailing list archives, but SourceForge seems
to be acting up, and returns "no results" for any set of keywords. I'll try
again later.

I think it will depend on what kind of internationalization we decide we need.
Bricolage *is* being used for highly multilingual sites based on what I've
seen, though I'm not sure yet how they do it.

> Steve, is this something that, if I install it on the root server,
> everything is maintained through web interfaces, or is there shell access
> required for maintaining?

For normal purposes and most administration, yes. I'm not yet sure about
things like adding/updating CSS files -- I'll let you know when I find out.
Other layout can definitely be done entirely through the web interface, so I
think it's safe to say that 90%+ of site administration can be done through
the web.

Steve Simms
Database Developer & Administrator
Medical Media Systems, Inc.