Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed

From: "Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed
Date: 2006-04-25 14:46:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sure.

I should note that we're moving to Linux for our production servers so
our interest in the Windows port is waning (at least for the time
being). In particular, the stuck WAL segment rename problem has
occasionally been rather a pain in the neck.

As long as we still have Windows test servers around though, it's easy
enough to apply a patch and load up the database to see if anything
interesting happens.

Pete

>>> "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu> 04/25/06 7:01 am >>>
There is a "Win32 semaphore patch" in the patch list, but we are lack
of
evidence to prove its usefulness. If you can try to apply it to your
*test*
server (8.0.*, 8.1.* are all ok), that would be very helpful to see
the
result.