Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields

From: "Campbell, Greg" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields
Date: 2006-03-28 16:05:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

When I look at a character map, for instance with Windows Start, Run, All Programs, Accessories, System
Tools, Character Map and a extended character set like Arial.
I see that all the accented characters (umlauts, graves, etc.) are higher that unaccented letters. I also
can see the UTF8 equivalents.

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Johann Zuschlag wrote:
>
>> Hiroshi Inoue schrieb:
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>> Could you issue the following 2 queries
>>>
>>> select name from kunde where name >= 'ö' order by name asc;
>>>
>> name
>> --------
>> öä-test
>> öäüÃÃ
>> ÃÃ-test
>> (2 Zeilen)
>>
>>> select name from kunde where name <= 'öz' order by name asc;
>>>
>> name
>> --------
>> Hühne
>> Müller
>> Täst
>> test
>> test-2
>> (5 Zeilen)
>

> Hmm utf8 code of a-umlaut seems bigger than 'z' .
>
> Well how is the result of the following(original ?) query
> under default encoding ?
>
> select name from kunde where name >= 'ö' and name <= 'öz' order by name
> asc;
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi inoue

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 241 bytes