Re: [Fwd: Re: MaxLongVarChar and new lines in text]

From: Åsmund Kveim Lie <akl(at)nosyko(dot)no>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: MaxLongVarChar and new lines in text]
Date: 2006-03-27 07:37:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have sent to the news group (and you) the myLog files, but when I
>> attach them it does not seem like I'm allowed to post them (at least
>> they don’t get through to the news group after six hours). Do you know
>> if I should do it in any other way (e.g. inline them in the mail?).
>>
>> Thank you very much for locking into our problems with new lines. Do
>> you think it’s related to the text array problems?
>>

> Please replace the enhanced driver psqlodbc35w.dll by the one at
> http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html .

Hi,
This one works much better, but it still don't understand the -4
correctly. From the psqlodbc_xx.log it looks like it truncates the value
down to 0 byte:

The 1th item was truncated
The buffer size = 1 and the value is '
'

But it works fine for values > 16383 and the newline is retrieved
correct, so it seems to be a error in the 08.01.0200 version. Is there
anything you fixed that could be patched also in this version of the driver?

Regards,

Åsmund

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc_8864.log application/octet-stream 4.0 KB
mylog_8864.log application/octet-stream 19.3 KB