Re: MaxLongVarChar and new lines in text

From: Åsmund Kveim Lie <akl(at)nosyko(dot)no>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MaxLongVarChar and new lines in text
Date: 2006-03-24 10:40:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Luf,

The enhanced driver does not seem to work at all with
MaxLongVarCharSize=-4 as the connect function returns false and the
mylog ends with "[2112]DETACHING PROCESS".

When using MaxLongVarCharSize=8190 I bump into another problem with my
app when trying to fetch bytea: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid
string or buffer length. It seems that this version of the driver is
handling bytea's a little bit different and not quite ready for my use.

I would prefer to use the 08.01.200 driver until the enhanced branch is
considered stable for production use.

regards,

Åsmund Kveim Lie