About Buffer Flushing Function

From: 王宝兵 <wangbaobing(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About Buffer Flushing Function
Date: 2006-03-12 08:41:40
Lists: pgsql-www

I'm now participating in a PG project.I need to modify some parts of the

Log buffer flushing function and the data buffer flushing function.I don't

Know where they are.

Could you tell me where the following two functions are:

--Log Buffer Flush:Only flush the dirty log buffer into the disk,not

Including the database data.(Is it XLogFlush in xlog.c?)

--Data Buffer Flush:Only flush the dirty database data(items) into the disk

Not including the log buffer.

I'm now in urgent need of your help.

Thank you in advance!

Charlie Wang