Re: Where Can I Find The Code Segment For WAL Control?

From: 王宝兵 <wangbaobing(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where Can I Find The Code Segment For WAL Control?
Date: 2006-03-10 06:39:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am now trying to develop the PG to support real-time backup.My

Architecture is somehow similar to the "Database Mirroring" technology of

SQL Server 2005.The server end of the system is consisted of two DB servers

One is the Principal server,the other is the Mirror server.whenever the

Principal flushes its log buffer to the local log file,it must send the

Content of its buffer to the Mirror simultaneously.After the mirror receives

The buffer,it write to its own log file and send a response message to the

Principal,then the Mirror redo/undo its log.By this way, we can guarantee

The database instances of the two servers identical.

But now I encounter a problem.I don't know where the functions to control

Log buffer are.Which code segment may I refer to?

I have just participated the PG project for a short time,and I will

Appreciate your help very much!

Look forward to you all!

Charlie Wang