Re: View running Processes ?

From: Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: View running Processes ?
Date: 2006-02-24 10:24:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

A. Kretschmer a écrit :
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-admin.html
> pg_cancel_backend(pid int)

Oh yes ! So if I understand correctly, I get the pid of the query
with "select * from pg_stat_activity;", then I just kill the query
with "select pg_cancel_backend(<pid>);" ?
Very nice !

PS : Sorry for asking this kind of questions when the answers are
in the doc, but I find it quite difficult to find informations in
the only doc. Maybe it is because I am used to access and mysql,
and the terminology used in postgres is quite different...

Regard
--
Arnaud