Re: Production version of ODBC drivers

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Production version of ODBC drivers
Date: 2006-02-20 18:13:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> Am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 11:59 schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
>>
>>> Is there a URL showing which Win-32 ODBC binary is considered sufficiently
>>> stable for production use?
>>>
>> The latest one on the FTP server is the recommended one.
>>

> Yes, but /which/ FTP server and /where/? The last one I pulled was (I think)
> when Hiroshi was still in charge, and since then as I understand it it's passed
> through at least one set of hands- plus recent discussion I see here which
> suggests that the project has forked into ODBC vs ODBCng.

No. There is no fork. There are two FOSS open source drivers:

1. ODBC which can be had from any of the PostgreSQL mirrors
2. ODBCng which is a brand new (not finished yet) driver for PostgreSQL.

ODBCng can be found here:

http://projects.commandprompt.com/projects/public/odbcng

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake