Re: address matching and verification

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Aaron Griffin <agriffin(at)dmtispatial(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: address matching and verification
Date: 2006-02-16 17:32:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I have two large databases of addresses (street name and number, postal
> code and municipality). I need to match the addresses to varify that
> they actually do exist.

Are you comparing the two databases?
Are the formats the same?
What rules are you going to use to determine a match - an exact match,
or will you try to handle small spelling errors?
If there is a discrepancy is database A guaranteed to be right?
What about an address in B that isn't in A?

> has anyone done this before with pgAdmin?

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with pgAdmin - that's just a
user-interface to the database.

I'd write a small Perl script, but you'll need to provide more
information if you'd like something more specific.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd