Query favourite comment

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query favourite comment
Date: 2006-02-13 13:51:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

After quite a while, I finally found the time to package a win32
snapshot. Some comments:

1) apparently, we need two iconv dlls now: iconv.dll for xml2 and
libiconv-2.dll for libpq. Hm...

2) When adding a favourite, the whole buffer is taken, not just the
marked area. This differs from the usual pgadmin behaviour (except "save
as").

3) I would have expected more than just a "multiple clipboard" function.
Why isn't the query executed immediately? Why does it replace the buffer
completely? Why not just executing it, or insert at current selection?

2) and 3) mean no real advantage over distinct sql files (actually: less
function, because once stored, a favourite can't be edited any more), to
the expense of additional dependencies.

Regards,
Andreas