Re: What bison versions are installed on buildfarm machines?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What bison versions are installed on buildfarm machines?
Date: 2006-01-02 19:00:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>configure doesn't actually report the bison version, but it does complain if
>>the version is less than 1.875, and I don't see that on rook.
>>

>Sigh, I haven't woken up entirely today :-( ... of course, this is a
>flex macro we are talking about, not bison.
>
>Our configure script does complain about flex 2.5.3, and I don't see
>that warning in rook's output, but perhaps some even older flex version
>is installed there? Hard to believe ... even 2.5.4 is pretty ancient.

Not that hard to believe. 2.5.4 is what the major distributions are
shipping.
Even FC4 comes with 2.5.4a. The only reason I can see for this is that Flex
is now considered a NON-GNU project.

The currently supported Flex is up to 2.5.31.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/