[ANN] Npgsql2 RC1 Released!!

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <francisco(at)npgsql(dot)org>
To: Mono-list <mono-list(at)lists(dot)ximian(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, npgsql-devel <npgsql-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>, pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ANN] Npgsql2 RC1 Released!!
Date: 2008-07-29 22:02:09
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-interfaces

Hi, all!!

The Npgsql Development Team is proud to announce the Npgsql2 RC1 release!

Npgsql is a .Net Data provider written 100% in C# which allows .net
programs to talk to postgresql backends. Npgsql is licensed under BSD.
More info can be obtained from http://www.npgsql.org

On the highlights, thanks to Josh Cooley, we have support for newer
version of EntityFramework 3.5sp1beta.

Another highlight is that we fixed the cast problem some people had
when using Npgsql2 beta4. Now, Npgsql will only use casts if the user
explicitly specify a DbType or NpgsqlDbType value.

Also, thanks Andreas Schönebeck, who provided us with testcases and
feedback, we have a much better threadabortexception handling. Those
exceptions were making Npgsql be instable and sometimes unusable.

On this release, Daniel Nauck packaged another build of his ASP.Net
provider (1.1.8). You can also download it from our downloads page.
More information about it can be found on Daniel Nauck's
AspSQLProvider project page: http://dev.nauck-it.de/aspsqlprovider/
Thank you, Daniel

You can see full changelog and release notes here:
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=1197

You can dowload it from here: http://downloads.npgsql.org

I'd like to thank Josh Cooley for all his help and support.

Thank you to all who helped us with this release with feedback, bug
fixes, bug reports and comments.
We couldn't make it without your help. Thank you very much!

Please, give it a try and let us know if you have any problems.
Check out our forums: http://forums.npgsql.org

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.