Additional Grant/revoke problem

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Additional Grant/revoke problem
Date: 2005-12-02 05:19:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

CREATE TABLE foo (id bigserial primary key, fname text);
GRANT INSERT ON foo to jd;
INSERT INTO foo(fname) VALUES ('Joshua');

This will fail, because I don't have permissions on the sequence
foo_id_seq which is a dependency created
by PostgreSQL. It seems that if bigserial is the datatype the grant
should automatically cascade.

This behavior would make sense if I did it the long way, where I used
bigint and then modified the column
with ALTER TABLE after the fact.

Joshua D. Drake