Re: Certification Available +Pronounce

From: Robert Cleary <robert(dot)cleary(at)ul(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date: 2005-10-05 10:43:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

If certifications are seen in a bad-light, I believe it's directly
because people sell-out their principles, or just plain set-out to make
cash.

Now, if a pgsql certification was set-up, justified and qualified by a
peer-reviewed examining process - rooted - in the quality/pride
principle that seems to be pgsql, I can't see how it would damage pgsql.

This might be a mad-idea, but if you can build an open-source DBMS, why
can't you build a certification by the same process?: open-source
collaboration for its inception, elaboration, construction and deployment?