Re: More time spending with "delete pending"

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date: 2021-12-03 03:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Daniel and Michael,
02.12.2021 08:03, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 11:51:58AM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Michael, have you had a chance to look at the updated patch here? I'm moving
>> this patch entry from Waiting on Author to Needs Review.
> No, I haven't. Before being touched more, this requires first a bit
> more of testing infrastructure based on MinGW, and I don't have that
> in place yet :/
I think that my patch should be withdrawn in favor of
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/34/3326/ ("Check for
STATUS_DELETE_PENDING on Windows" by Thomas Munro), that use deeper
understanding of the problematic status, not indirect indication of it.

Barring objections, I'll withdraw my commitfest entry.

Best regards,
Alexander