Changing the database cluster locale initialization

From: Martin Nikolov <nikolov(at)steinx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing the database cluster locale initialization
Date: 2005-07-31 12:15:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there a way to change the database cluster locale initialization?
I have database cluster initialized with locale set to en_US.iso885915
and I want to change it to en_US.
Becouse en_US.iso885915 is not supported in glibc-2.3.5-i486-4 and I had
to doungrade glibc to 2.3.2 in order to operate with this cluster.
But many of the other packages require glibc at least 2.3.4....
Creating another cluster with the desired locale and dumping the
database to the new cluster
dont work for me, because my old datadase is damaged and I want to
repare what cann be repared.