Re: INSERT ... RETURNING

From: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INSERT ... RETURNING
Date: 2005-07-30 07:28:18
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce,

> Are you still working on completing this?

Attached is my latest rewrite of this patch.

Basically, it adds RETURNING to INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, and allows
arbitrary expressions.

I'm still not sure how to handle DELETE ... USING and UPDATE ... FROM as
I don't see a way to project the expressions against multiple relations
with just an EState to work from.

That said, Tom has suggested I redo this using resjunk -- so I'll do
just that for my next revision.

Regards,
Omar

Attachment Content-Type Size
returning-37-context.patch text/plain 55.0 KB