Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: "'Jim C(dot) Nasby'" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues
Date: 2005-07-27 03:06:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman wrote:

>I'd also like to see a way to run both --enable-debug and not --enable-debug
>runs either alternately or
>With a command line arg.
>
>Same with the --enable-integer-datetimes switch.

In general we don't want you changing the settings much. That goes to
the issue of longitudinal tracking that Tom was talking about the other day.

It can be done, e.g. with an alternate config file. But it's not
recommended.

I am working on some extra debugging assistance - essentially a "run
from source" facility. Jim Nasby has played with it and sent me some
fixes, which I have not had time to try out.

cheers

andrew