Windows XP installation problem

From: Marek Aleksander Dąbek <maraldab(at)wp(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows XP installation problem
Date: 2005-06-25 18:44:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello!
I'm trying to install postgresql on WindowsXP box using postgresql-8.0.msi.
The installation goes fine until running the service. I get a message
saying that postgre-8.0
failed to run as a service. I checked system log and came across an
error saying
that: PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 is not a valid Win32 application.
My postgres account has log on locally and log on as a service rights
granted
so I don't think that this is a problem.

Marek Aleksander Dabek