Re: exception while upgrading driver

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Sathyajith G <sathyajith(at)inbox(dot)com>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: exception while upgrading driver
Date: 2005-06-07 21:46:38
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Sathyajith G wrote:

> public static ResultSet getResultSet(String sql)
> {
> ResultSet rs;
> try{
> rs=stmt.executeQuery(sql);
> }catch(Exception e)
> {System.err.println("error");
> rs=null;
> }
> return rs;
> }

Where does 'stmt' come from?

Can we see a compilable testcase that shows the problem? Code fragments
really aren't too useful for this sort of problem -- we need to see
everything involved with talking to the JDBC driver. e.g. perhaps the
lifetime of your Statement is not what you think it is and it's getting
GCed unexpectedly.. but I can't say for sure without seeing the actual
code you're running.

-O