Re: "NOT NULL"

From: "Jan B(dot)" <jan(at)monso(dot)de>
To: tövis <tovises(at)freemail(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "NOT NULL"
Date: 2005-05-24 10:54:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

If your RAD (I don't know what this means at all) does not allow the
keyword "DEFAULT" you might probably use this:

INSERT INTO some_table (second_field_name, third_field_name) VALUES
(second_field_value, third_field_value);

If you not mention first_field_name in the first parenthesis, the
default value will be used.

The reference for INSERT can give you further syntax details:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-insert.html

Jan Behrens