Re: [RESOLVED] Re: getting past wxMac-cvs build?

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RESOLVED] Re: getting past wxMac-cvs build?
Date: 2005-04-10 18:44:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OpenMacNews wrote:
> on the build box, i'd MISconfigured the DISPLAY ... so, although i was
> locally
> exec'ing -- rather than ssh'd somewhere, as in Robin @ [wx-dev]'s
> example -- the display
> WAS unavailable.
>
> simply moving to a machine where the local DISPLAY was config'd
> correctly, and
> correcting the misconfig'd box, cleared up my probs ...
>
> /usr/local/wxMac-cvs/bin % ls -al wxrc-2.5
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 dev wheel 811808 Apr 8 22:30 wxrc-2.5

Hm.. this is interessting - given the DISPLAY should be only relevant
for X11-applications, while surely Rez and DeRez are not X11 applications...
strange!

> at the moment, with a 'good' wxMac in place -- i'm building pgadmin3.
>
> i'm just having a minor issue on make w/:
>
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _libintl_bindtextdomain
> _libintl_dgettext
> make[2]: *** [pgadmin3] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> and wondering where the trouble is. my pgsql *is* built with
> enable-nls, so i think there may be some issue ... i'll report back if i
> find any probs.
If you want to build an .app bundle for pgadmin, please try the latest version
of the .app support. You can find a diff and a tgz on www.phlo.org.
You need two apply the patch, and then extract the tgz, both while being
int the root-dir if your pgadmin sources.

greetings, Florian Pflug