Re: 8.0.2 Beta 1 for Windows available

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Greg Landrum <greg(dot)landrum(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0.2 Beta 1 for Windows available
Date: 2005-04-08 17:28:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Greg Landrum wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 12:45 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

I wonder if it is really sensible to include all backend includes.
People might think they can easily develop backend modules with any
compiler, which I doubt will be supported thoroughly. Second, somebody
who has mingw installed won't have a problem to unzip those backend
sources too; compiling the backend is a good test if everything's
working as expected.
So I'd suggest to leave backend includes out of the std distribution, or
at least make a distinctively selectable (non-default) package from it.

Regards,
Andreas