Re: BUG #7581: changing blocksize makes tests fail

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: wdauchy(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7581: changing blocksize makes tests fail
Date: 2012-10-03 14:07:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

wdauchy(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> I tried to compile pgsql9.2 with the following options: --with-blocksize=16
> and --with-wal-blocksize=16.
> Some tests failed. I didn't have the issue with pgsql9.1.

This is not a bug. There are any number of changes you could make that
would affect either plan selection or row ordering (which usually means
the same thing) in the regression tests; block size is one, and there
are a lot of more-easily-varied GUC settings as well. It was pure luck
if you didn't see such an issue in some specific prior release.