Re: JDBC broken connection against Postgres 8.4

From: Michael Bell <mikebell90(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Donald Fraser <postgres(at)kiwi-fraser(dot)net>, "\[JDBC\]" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC broken connection against Postgres 8.4
Date: 2009-08-22 07:10:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their input.

Second, I installed PG 8.4 server on another box (Windows 2000), and all was well.

So the issue APPEARS to be only if you if the Server is on Windows XP. I'm not sure if the localhost thing contributes since MS does weird things to fake a loopback. I suspect that is the issue.

Case closed, though it might be worth noting a warning thereof.