Re: Developer.pgadmin.org maintenance

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Developer.pgadmin.org maintenance
Date: 2005-02-24 17:09:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Changing the DAT drive on developer.pgadmin.org doesn't seem to have
> fixed the errors we're seeing on the tape backup jobs, so tomorrow
> morning at around 8.30AM GMT, Mark will be replacing the SCSI cable.
> Obviously, the CVS and website etc. will be down whilst this is
> undertaken. The work is expected to be completed by 9.30.
>
> Regards, Dave.
>
> P.S. Before anyone panics, we do have network backups to another box as
> well!

Backup issues are a constant annoyance in administrator's life; every
two or three years (precisely: 10 days after guarantee of tape drive has
run out) it requests admin's intensive attention. If somebody notices...

Fortunately, the pgAdmin project is hosted professionally, thank you!

Regards,
Andreas