Re: is it cygwin or window2000 problem.?

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: yuzhouliu <lyz(at)clarifyinc(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is it cygwin or window2000 problem.?
Date: 2005-02-16 08:53:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

yuzhouliu schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> yuzhouliu schrieb:
>>> hello:
>>> i install postgres in cygwin + windows2000NT,and it work good for
>>> myself.
>>> but more than 64 connections it will error to me:Could not fork
>>> new process for connection:Resource temporarily unavailable.
>>> why ? is it cygwin or window2000 problem.?
>>
>> That's a builtin cygwin limitation.
>>
>> But you are lucky that your system works with that many connections!
>> Recommended is to use much less. (5-15)
>>
> you say :That's a builtin cygwin limitation,
> what and how can i do.do i need to change my os to Linux or BSD,Unix?

no,
you may not use max-connections > 63 on cygwin.
Recommended is 10. I can do up to 40.

initdb tries the correct values automatically on init.
If this is wrong, because your system is too fast, you may want to set
this manually in /usr/share/postgresql/data/postgresql.conf and restart.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/