Re: plz do help me.

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Mohan <raja(at)kasc(dot)ac(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plz do help me.
Date: 2005-02-03 08:53:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Could you cc: the mailing list as well as replying to me? That way, if
anyone else can help they can see the messages too.

Mohan wrote:
> Sir,
> i have installed pgsql in fedora core 2, i have created users in pgsql,
> we have created tables, there is no problem in creating tables ,
> everything working fine when we connect to pgsql and work by using ssh
> login.

Can you connect over the network from your Windows client (using
pgadmin/psql)?

> The pgsql windows odbc package has been installed in windows machine, i
> have created dsn in windows machine for pgsql by odbc connectivity,
> the problem is that "unable to connect to server" and after that we got
> Data Access Error"

What do the PostgreSQL logs show? Is there any record of your connection
attempt?
1. Update your postgresql.conf to record connections, restart PG and
test the logging works by connecting locally.
2. Then, try connecting from the Windows PC.
3. If there is no record of a connection in the PostgreSQL logs, you
should check two things:
i. Have you enabled internet connections in postgresql.conf?
(tcpip_socket or listen_addresses)
ii. Is your firewall blocking connections (check system logs)

If there is a connection attempt in the logs, it should say why it
failed. You can post the log here and we'll see what we can do.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd